featured:

Indoor vs Outdoor Family Photography Sessions

Family, Reference Blog

1. Bozena

April 4th, 2019 at 4:27 pm

Great article! Very helpful when deciding if you want to have indoor or outdoor portrait session.

2. Amy Thompson

April 5th, 2019 at 8:01 pm

Thank you! Good, I hope that it can help people trying to decide.

3. Ariel

April 4th, 2019 at 5:52 pm

I love a great indoor family session, especially with newborns all cozy at home with Mom or Dad! BUT, San Francisco has beautiful landscapes for every kind of outdoor portrait or engagement session! Give me some rolling hills any day! Beautiful portraits & photography!

4. Amy Thompson

April 5th, 2019 at 8:00 pm

Thank you! I love both types of sessions also and you’re right the rolling hills that are green right now are just beautiful!

5. Kelly

April 6th, 2019 at 7:15 pm

I’m a sucker for outdoor photos but I love your indoor pictures as well.

6. Stephanie

April 7th, 2019 at 3:53 pm

Gotta day when it comes to indoor or outdoor photography I am definitely on the outdoor team! Both settings have their merits for sure. Wind, rain, and bugs are certainly more distracting than the calm inside your own home.

7. Lori

April 9th, 2019 at 12:35 am

What great tips for family sessions and how to decide which one is for you. I love the outdoor sessions, but totally understand why indoor may be just what a family needs. This is a great blog to understand your family portrait options.

8. Sonia

April 9th, 2019 at 3:28 am

I like the idea of an indoor lifestyle shoot especially with the little ones. Two weeks after I had my last baby, we had a professional come to my home, and I literally just made my bed and she captured some of the only photos I have of me with my two boys. I definitely cherish those and will want some updated ones soon!

9. Jen

April 9th, 2019 at 4:18 am

This is such an important reminder. Time goes by so fast and all we really have beside memories are pictures of those memories. This is a must read for everyone considering hiring any photographer! Thanks for sharing!

10. Amy Elizabeth

April 10th, 2019 at 4:24 am

Wow I love this topic for family photography! Such great points for both indoor and outdoor family portraits sessions and why it might be fitting for certain times in life. Hopefully all future clients will start reading up on photo advice before sessions!